Herbs and Nutrients for Athletic Performance & Recovery, Part 1
Friday, 10/26 at 9:00 AM to 9:50 AM
What will practitioners learn:
• How to work with recreational and professional athletes of all ages.
• How TCM herbs and formulas and pattern differentiation helps patients and practitioners.
• Alternatives to performance-enhancing drugs and pain medications, and treatment protocols for anxiety, altitude sickness, anemia, blood sugar imbalance, muscle soreness, injury prevention, digestive disorders, sleep disorders, and overtraining.
• How to differentiate topical treatments.
• Why quality control is important in herbal dispensing and formulation.
• Guidelines for best practices in herbal dispensing (AHPA white paper).
• Case study of amateur and professional athletes.
• Tips on treating athletes of all ages.
Whether your clients are weekend warriors, amateurs, or professionals, we will discuss nutritional needs, eating plans, and mind-body approaches for athletes based on the latest research. Learn about alternatives to performance-enhancing drugs and pain pills. Protocols for anxiety, altitude sickness, anemia, blood sugar balance, injury prevention, muscle soreness, digestive health, sleep disorders, and overtraining will be presented. Discover how constitutional TCM herbs and formulas can maximize recovery and performance. We will look at methods for obtaining the best results from the use of ginseng, schizandra, astragalus, cordyceps, curcumin, and pomegranate. Best practices for herbal dispensing and communications strategies will also be discussed. This course is taught by Andrew Gaeddert, who has over thirty years’ experience working with athletes from world record holders to first time exercisers. The morning session will be devoted to discussion of key herbs, with nutrition, lifestyle, and protocols in the afternoon.